I love to read. Anything…Everything
I love to talk. Once upon a time, there was a teacher who asked a principal for a recommendation for a seat on a panel. In the letter, the principal included the phrase “has the propensity to talk.” At first, I was offended. Then I realized, hey…a large part of a teacher’s job is to talk. She was right, I DO have the propensity to talk. (I was seated on the panel, by the way!)
A few years and a Master’s degree later, I accepted a media specialists job opening a new high school in my county. When my economics students (seniors, wiseacres that they are!) found out, one asked “In a library?” Who’s going to keep you quiet?” NO ONE! 🙂
I am a media specialist in a high school north of Atlanta and I must say that I still had the propensity to talk. I talk, I laugh (loudly), I suggest, and I discuss. EVERYTHING. Books, people, news, politics, religion, life, love, anger, research, copyright…Ninety-five % of the time, whatever it is, I will discuss it.
Hence, the name…Propensity to discuss.
I hope you will enjoy my endeavors to enlighten, entertain, and educate through this blog.
Other tidbits about me…
- Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.
- I love Coca-Cola. A LOT!
- I have syringomyelia (SM).
- I graduated from high school with 35 other people. Really.
- I live in Georgia.
- I once worked at a television production company in Nashville, TN.
- I am a retired media specialist.
- I don’t mind being called a librarian.
- I am claustrophobic. Not in a small way. (No pun intended.)
- Crafting relaxes me.
- I love the beach.
- I also love the mountains.
- Hubby and I have been married for 29 years.
- Hubby and I were married less than 7 months after we met.
- We have 3 children together and 2 daughters-in-love, in other words, 5 children.
- We have an adorable grandson and another one due in a few months!
- We have 2 fur babies who don’t realize they aren’t real people.
- One of the things I miss because of my SM is the ability to wear high heels.
- I also miss roller coasters.
- I have a birthmark on my face. People used to tell me to wash it off all the time.
- I used to be really self-conscious about my birthmark.
- I now think my birthmark is cool; it makes me different from everyone.
- I got my Master’s degree online.
- I have a slight addiction to Gilmore Girls.
- I love Dr. Phil and Robin McGraw.
- I think Dr. Phil pretty much has the answer to everything.
- I want to meet Dr. Phil and Robin.
- I love football.
- I understand football.
- I have wanted a Volvo station wagon since I saw the movie Jagged Edge with Glenn Close.
- I can read a book a day.
- I love to color.